January 26, 2011

San Diego

Well a couple of weeks ago I made a weekend trip to San Diego to visit Corey.  Dicque and Papa Joe were so sweet to stay with the babies and send us play by play pictures and videos.  It was definitely harder than I thought to leave them, considering I left them every day for the first 3 months of their lives, but I still stayed strong and didn't shed a tear.  It was so nice to get away and I know that we are so fortunate to have such sweet family.

I prefer to travel with one bag but I figured this was probably the last time for a long time that that will happen so it needed to be documented.   We went to the Gaslamp Quarters for breakfast and then drove over to Hotel del Coronado and wandered around.  We treated ourselves to an ice cream sundae as big as our heads.  It was HUGE!


Apparently it was Elvis' birthday...


I got a new hat at a small boutique and we also ran a 5K along the cove Sunday morning!

Can you see our friends the seals behind us in La Jolla?  We had a beautiful lunch outside and we could see the seals from our table.  Then we made the hike down to the beach so we could get a closer look.

It was so hard to leave Corey in LA and come home to my babies.  I just wish we could all be together all the time!

No comments: